astraia software gmbh, based in Munich (Germany), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of innovative software solutions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Our customer base of gynaecologists, radiologists, and fetal medicine specialists holds astraia software systems in high regard due to astraia's continuously improved and well-structured workflow. astraia works closely with leading experts and offers high-end solutions that are up-to-date with the latest scientific data.
The core astraia product collects and manages patient data in a clinical environment, providing doctors with Ultrasound diagnostic tools. As a medical documentation system, the connection to a database management system is a core functionality of astraia software. astraia supports a multitude of DBMS and needs your expertise in technical support.
Our Level 1 Technical Support Service Desk engineer provide excellent customer service by supporting a wide range of technical and network solutions. Serving as the initial point of contact, you will gather and analyze information about the user’s issue to answer basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem. Solutions include, but are not limited to, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up and troubleshoot network connectivity issues. This is an excellent opportunity that provides plenty of growth opportunities with fantastic on-the-job learning and mentorship.
- You will install astraia at customer sites, remotely or on-site.
- You will prepare and conduct technical and application trainings.
- You will provide Level1 service and support via phone, Internet and on-site.
- All services provided will be documented in ticketing and CRM systems
- You will closely co-operate with our Sales and Product Management department
Applicants must have the ability to provide effective support to customers and have excellent communication and customer service skills. The successful candidate should work well as part of a team, and be willing to take responsibility.
Profound knowledge of German and English is a must, any other language is an advantage.
You will work in astraia's Support Group, a dynamic and dedicated international team that strives to offer an excellent service to their customers. The company is based in a pleasant part of Munich, near Münchner Freiheit (Schwabing).
- IT Bachelor or minimum of 3 years of experience in Customer Support on IT products is required.
- Previous computer technical support preferred.
- Cisco, Microsoft, or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
- Knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, VPN software, relational databases, supporting remote users.
- Knowledge of xml/dtd/xsd is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java, SQL and/or Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with Sybase, MSSQL and/or Oracle would be preferred.
- Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Apple OSX would be preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing in English is required.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in German.
- Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer’s issues.
If you are interested in a long-term, future-oriented career, send us your application including a detailed CV by email. Please indicate your earliest start date and expected conditions.
astraia software gmbh
Download this career offer as PDF: Software Support Engineer